Vanilla 'Cake-Batter' Nicecream
Banana ice-cream, or 'nicecream', has to be one of the best inventions yet. How would have though that frozen bananas can be blended into super creamy, sweet and delicious ice-cream? That's one-ingredient, cruelty-free ice-cream which is 100% good for you and packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals. The best part is that the different flavour options are LIMITLESS.
As the famous saying goes 'If you can dream it, you can do it'...and that definitely holds true for nicecream flavours. So may I present to you, my Vanilla Cake Batter Nicecream!
It's fluffy, creamy and light, yet rich and filling at the same time (I didn't even know that was possible, but you learn something new everyday right?). Filled with that delicious sweet vanilla bean cake batter flavour, without being actual cake batter. But instead, of refined sugars, flours, oils and cholesterol...it's made entirely of fruit and vegetables and full of vitamins C, A, B1, B2 and B6, copper, manganese, potassium and so much more nutrient goodness. Yes please!
The perfect dessert or treat for a hot day. You can even freeze the nicecream into popsicles. And don't forget some delicious toppings!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup Japanese sweet potato, cooked and frozen
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (or extract)
- 1/2 cup plant milk of your choice
- cacao nibs, buck inis, frozen berries etc for toppings
- Add the chopped frozen banana and sweet potato into your blender or food processor, together with the vanilla and milk
- Blend until super smooth and creamy, you may need to stop to scrape down the edges!
- Spoon into a bowl
- Top with all of your favourite things and enjoy!!
- Japanese sweet potato are the ones which have a purple skin and white flesh
- To cook the potato, I peeled, chopped and steamed it until soft. But you could also bake it!