Choc Mango Nicecream Bowl
Creamy, sweet, delicious and wholesome ice cream made in almost an instant. And it's 100% good for you too. In fact, it's so good for you that it makes the perfect breakfast. Sign me up!
If I had to pick one item in my kitchen that's an absolute must-have, it would be my blender. I use it AT LEAST once a day: For not just smoothies and nice cream, but also blending bliss balls, hummus, falafel, soups, nut butters...the list goes on!
And if you use a blender as much as I do, and like to prepare your food at home from scratch, then investing in a high quality blender is so worth it (and yes, I speak from experience having worked a cheap blender or two to their breaking points in my lifetime!!).
Which blender I use/recommend is one of my most frequently asked questions, so I thought I'd do a quick review to introduce you to my one true love...The blender I currently use is a Mod Blend Pro. It's an all Australian owned company, and made right here in Australia, and it's fantastic!
- It's super high powered, with strong blades spinning at 30 000 RPM, meaning it makes super smooth smoothies and soups, and can easily process nuts down into nut butter without exploding
- It has a 5 year warranty and great customer service
- The jug is BPA free and a giant 2L so you can make large batches
- It's super easy to clean
- It has a great touch-screen display with a number of different settings, including a pulse setting, a 45-second smoothie and an 8-minute soup setting
- Speaking of soups, the soup setting even heats up the soup from the friction produced while blending so no cooking is needed (hello 8-minute dinners!)
- It comes with a tamper tool to scrape down the edges while blending (a must for the creamiest smoothies!)
- It's amazing quality
If you'd like to find out more about my blender, check out their website, and don't hesitate to send them a message with any questions, as they're always very helpful and friendly!
Anyway, enough from me and let's get to the recipe for this heavenly, thick Chocolate Mango Nicecream, that by the way, is packed with fibre, antioxidants, omega 3s, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium and a whole lot more of that goodness for long lasting, satisfying energy! I was always super sceptical of adding zucchini to my smoothies BUT this is one food trend I definitely approve of. It makes extra thick and creamy smoothies, add extra #health and volume, and you can't taste it at all, I promise!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you try out this delicious recipe ;)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2/3 cup frozen mango
- 2/3 cup frozen zucchini
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1-2 tbsp plant based chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Toppings of your choice!
- Add all ingredients into your blender and blend until super smooth, using the tamper tool to push down the sides so everything gets blended well!
- Spoon into your bowl
- Decorate with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
- I froze my zucchini raw, but you can also steam and then freeze it if you wish
- Almond milk can be exchanged for any other type of dairy-free milk or coconut water
This post is a collaboration with Mod Cold Press, however all views and opinions are my own. I only ever promote products that I truly love!