Choc Brownie Hummus
Hummus sure is perfect for pretty much any situation. One of the best things about hummus is just how versatile it is!
Apart from regular hummus, I've made turmeric hummus, roasted red pepper hummus, Moroccan pumpkin hummus, pesto hummus, beet hummus and now: Chocolate Brownie Hummus!
It tastes like a fudgey chocolate brownie spread, that's sweet and decadent and super satisfying.
This Choc Brownie Hummus is perfect for:
- Spreading onto toast or rice cakes layered with banana slices or berries and cinnamon
- For dipping things like apple slices or carrot sticks into
- Spread onto homemade banana bread
- Spooned on top of baked sweet potatoes
- Just by the spoonful!
Who would have thought hummus could be made into a dessert too? Just be sure to hold the garlic for this version ;)
This chocolatey spread is also free of oil, gluten and refined-sugar, while being packed with plant protein, fibre, B group vitamins, iron, magnesium, calcium and more. Chocolate spread doesn't get much better than that, right?
Don't forget to tag me on Instagram if you try out this recipe, I'd love to see your Choice Hummus too!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp nut butter of your choice (see Notes)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of almond milk
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes to soften, then drain
- Peel the chickpeas by pinching them with two fingers so the skin pops off. This step is optional, but it sure makes the hummus so much creamier!
- Blend chickpeas, dates, cacao, nut butter, vanilla and almond milk until smooth
- Spoon into a bowl and sprinkle with cacao nibs
- Serve spread on toast or rice cakes with banana slices or fresh berries, as a dip for sliced apple or simply by the spoonful!
- I used cacao super seed spread by Mayver's
- Store in an air-tight glass jar or container in the fridge for up to 5 days