Almond Butter Nana Bread
Happiness is a loaf of freshly baked banana bread. Especially when it's freshly baked vegan banana bread that's also 100% good for you!
This Almond Butter Nana Bread is super soft and fluffy, moist and perfectly sweet, you'd never guess it's completely free of refined sugar, oil and gluten. In fact, I'm calling this the BEST banana bread I've ever made. Ever tasted. I can't get enough of it!
It's packed full of fibre, B vitamins, calcium, iron, potassium, healthy fats and more of that nutrient goodness, as well as containing a serve of hidden veggies (you all know how much I love hidden veggies by now!). This means that it keeps blood sugar levels and energy levels stable and balanced, to satisfy that sweet tooth while giving your body of big dose of wholesome, nutrient-dense love.
It makes the perfect snack or dessert for any time of the day, it's perfect to gift to friends (if you can bare parting with it!) and tastes even better slathered in some creamy nut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Easy to make.
Not strange ingredients.
Without further ado, let's get to the recipe. Don't forget to tag me on Instagram if you try it out so I can see your nana bread creation!
- 1 cup (150g) brown rice flour
- 1 cup (150g) buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 heaped tbsp (40g) almond butter
- 2 ripe bananas (200g peeled), plus extra to top
- 2/3 cup (100g) pitted dates
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes to soften, then drain
- In a bowl, combine flours, bicarb soda, baking powder, flaxmeal and cinnamon
- Add the banana, almond butter, almond milk, vanilla and dates into a blender and blend until smooth
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then gently fold in the grated zucchini. Be careful not to over mix!
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf tin, then top with the extra slices of banana
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from tin and placing on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing
- Enjoy topped with more almond butter, banana slices and cinnamon!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7-10 days
- This banana bread also tastes great toasted!
- The flour can be substituted for oat, spelt or wholemeal flour