3-Ingredient Choc Fudge Sauce
Who doesn't like chocolate? Yeah, that's what I thought. So it doesn't get much better than a rich, thick choc fudge sauce, that also happens to be cruelty-free and great for you!
This chocolate delight is so easy to make, with only 3 wholesome and nutritious ingredients. It's refined sugar free, low fat, raw, and packed with essential nutrients such as iron, magnesium, calcium and fibre. But most importantly, it tastes heavenly!
I made a big batch of this the other day and I've been adding it to pretty much everything ever since. My favourites are using it as a dip for crunchy apple slices or carrot sticks (trust me!), adding it on top of muesli, oats or smoothie bowls and spreading it on rice cakes or fresh banana bread. It's also great to add into smoothies for some extra taste and sweetness. The options are limitless, so go crazy!
- 1/2 pitted prunes
- 1/2 pitted dates
- 1-2 tbsp cacao powder (feel free to add more, to taste!)
- optional: cinnamon, vanilla powder
- Soak dates and prunes in warm water for at least 15 minutes to soften
- Drain and add into a food processor or blender together with cacao powder (and optional add-ins) and a splash of water
- Blend on high until completely smooth, adding a little more water if needed, to make a thick sauce
- stored in a glass jar in the fridge this spread will stay fresh for at least 2-3 weeks